Welcome to episode 2 of Mentally Flexible! My guest today is Dr. Kelly Wilson. He is a Professor Emeritus at the University of Mississippi in the department of psychology. He is the author of 11 books and more than 100 articles. He is also cofounder of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy or ACT. If you listened to episode 1, you got to know the other cofounder of ACT, Dr. Steven Hayes.
In this conversation we dive into a range of topics including:
- the ubiquitous nature of suffering
- the cost of concealing our pain
- Kelly’s personal history of suffering
- what brings Kelly the most meaning in life today
- the connection between values and vulnerabilities
Kelly is someone who inspires me immensely and I was honored to get to have this conversation.
If you enjoy this podcast, please subscribe and leave a review. This would mean a lot to me!
Follow me on instagram @mentallyflexible
Learn more about Kelly: http://onelifellc.com/