Welcome back to Mentally Flexible! My guest today is Matthias J Barker LMHCA. Matthias is a psychotherapist from Spokane, WA. He holds a private counseling practice and utilizes evidence-based approaches in his clinical work with adults, children, and couples from all walks of life. Matthias also makes mental health content online and has amassed over a million followers on platforms like TikTok, Instagram and YouTube (@matthiasjbarker). Matthias’ goal is to help the people he works with move towards health and what is meaningful in life amidst hardship.
In this episode we explore a ton of topics, some of these include:
- Matthias’ rising popularity through his social media content
- Our shared interests in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- What caused Matthias to reevaluate personal values
- The process of deconstructing spiritual beliefs
- Matthias’s experience preparing for fatherhood
- Letting go of outcomes and trusting your values
- And Matthias ends by sharing his thoughts on the meaning of love
Matthias’ website: https://www.matthiasjbarker.com/
If you find value in the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It plays an important role in being able to get new guests. I also love reading them!
Connect with me on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/mentallyflexible/
Explore the website. https://mentallyflexible.com/
Check out my song “Glimpse at Truth” that you hear in the intro/outro of every episode. https://tomparkes.bandcamp.com/track/glimpse-at-truth