My guest today is Louise Hayes PhD. Louise is a clinical psychologist, author, speaker and active humanitarian. She is the Past President of ACBS, and a peer-reviewed Acceptance and Commitment Therapy(ACT) trainer, and codeveloped of the evidence-based DNA-v model. She is the co-author of the best-selling books:Get Out of Your Mind and into your Life for Teenagers, The Thriving Adolescent, and Your Life Your Way. Louise is a clinician, working with adults and adolescents in private practice. Louise is also active community member, taking mental health professionals into the Himalaya to develop their mindfulness skills and raise funds for children in remote Nepal.
In this episode we explore:
- How Louise found ACT and the impact it had on her personally and professionally
- Louise’s interest in eastern spiritual traditions
- How these practices can integrate with a more clinical perspective
- How imagination can play a role in both our wellbeing and our suffering
- What gives Louise meaning and purpose in life
- And we unpack the 4 core abilities contained within the DNA-v model
Louise’s website: https://www.louisehayes.com.au/
If you find value in the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It only takes 30 seconds and plays an important role in being able to get new guests. I also love reading them!
Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mentallyflexible/
Explore the website: https://mentallyflexible.com/
Check out my song “Glimpse at Truth” that you hear in the intro/outro of every episode: https://tomparkes.bandcamp.com/track/glimpse-at-truth